341. The reason due to which it is not allowed for the man that he takes a guardian or a helper from the NabateansBack to book
أبي رحمه الله قال: حدثنا عبد الله بن الحميري عن هارون بن مسلم عن مسعدة بن صدقة الربعي عن جعفر بن محمد عن أبيه عليه السلام ان رجلا من الانصار توفى وله صبية صغار وله ستة من الرقيق فاعتقهم عند موته وليس له مال غيرهم فاتى النبي صلى الله عليه وآله فاخبره، فقال: ما صنعتم بصاحبكم؟ قالوا: دفناه، قال: لو علمت ما دفنته من اهل الاسلام ترك ولده يتكففون الناس.
1. My father said, ‘Abdullah Bin Al Humeyri narrated to us, from Haroun Bin Muslim, from Mas’ada Bin Sadaqa Al Rabi’e, (It has been narrated) from Ja’far (a.s.) Bin Muhammad (a.s.), from his (a.s.) father (a.s.) that a man from the Helpers passed away, and for him were young children, and for him were six from the slaves. So he liberated them during his death, and there was no wealth for him other than them. So they came to the Prophet (saww) and informed him (saww). So he (saww) said: ‘What did you do with your companion?’ They said: ‘Buried him’. He (saww) said: ‘Had I (saww) known, I (saww) would not have let him to be buried (in the graveyard of) the people of Al-Islam. He left his children to be looked after by the (other) people’.
وبهذا الاسناد قال: قال علي (ع): الحيف في الوصية من الكبائر.
2. And by this chain, said, ‘Ali (a.s.) said: ‘The inequity in the bequest is from the major sins’.
حدثنا محمد بن الحسن رحمه الله قال: حدثنا محمد بن الحسن الصفار عن أبي طالب عبد الله بن الصلت القمي عن يونس بن عبد الرحمن رفعه إلى أبي عبد الله عليه السلام في قوله تعالى (فمن خاف من موص حيفا أو اثما فاصلح بينهم فلا اثم عليه) قال: يعني إذا اعتدى في الوصية إذا زاد على الثلث.
3. Muhammad Bin Al Hassan narrated to us, from Muhammad Bin Al Hassan Al Saffar, from Abu Talib Abdullah Bin Al Salt Al Qummy, from Yunus Bin Abdul Rahman, Abu Abdullah (a.s.) (has said) regarding the Words of the High [2:182] But he who fears an inclination to a wrong course or an act of disobedience on the part of the testator, and effects an agreement between the parties, there is no blame on him. He (a.s.) said: ‘Meaning When he violates the bequest if he increases upon the third’.
وبهذا الاسناد عن جعفر بن محمد عن أبيه عليهما السلام قال: من عدل في وصيته كان بمنزلة من تصدق بها ومن حاف في وصيته لقى الله تعالى يوم القيامة وهو عنه معرض.
4. And by this chain, (It has been narrated) from Ja’far (a.s.) Bin Muhammad (a.s.), from his (a.s.) father (a.s.) having said: ‘The one who is just in his bequest would be at the status of the one who has given charity with it, and the one who is unfair in his bequest would meet Allah (azwj) on the Day of Jugement, and He (azwj) would Turn away from him’.
وبهذا الاسناد قال: قال علي (ع) لان اوصى بالخمس احب إلى من ان اوصى بالربع ولان اوصى بالربع احب إلي من اوصى بالثلث ومن اوصى بالثلث لم يترك شيئا.
5. And by this chain, said, ‘Ali (a.s.) said: ‘The one who bequeaths with the fifth is more beloved to me (a.s.) than if he were to bequeath with the fourth. And if he were to bequeath with the fourth is more beloved to me (a.s.) than the one who bequeaths with the third. And the one who bequeaths with a third does not leave out anything’.