325. The reason due to which the human being has been Commanded to look at the one who is below him, and not to look at the one who is above himBack to book
حدثنا محمد بن موسى بن المتوكل رحمه الله قال: حدثنا علي بن الحسين السعد آبادي عن أحمد بن أبي عبد الله البرقي باسناده يرفعه إلى أبي عبد الله (ع) انه قال: ان المؤمن مكفر وذلك ان معروفه يصعد إلى الله تعالى فلا ينتشر في الناس والكافر مشهور، وذلك ان معروفه للناس ينتشر في الناس ولا يصعد إلى السماء.
1. Muhammad Bin Musa Bin Al Mutawakkal narrated to us, from Ali Bin Al Husayn al Sa’ad Abady, from Ahmad Bin Abu Abdullah Al Barqy, by his chain, Abu Abdullah (asws) has said: ‘The Believer is not recognised (for his favours to others), and that is because his good deeds ascend to Allah (azwj) the High, so he is not publicised among the people. And the Infidel is famous, and that is because his good deeds are for the sake of the people, he is well known among the people, and these do not ascend to the sky’.
أبي رحمه الله قال: حدثنا علي بن ابراهيم عن أبيه عن النوفلي عن السكوني عن جعفر بن محمد عن أبيه عن آبائه عليهم السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يد الله تعالى فوق رؤس المكفرين ترفرف بالرحمة
2. My father said, ‘Ali Bin Ibrahim narrated to us, from his father, from Al Nowfaly, from Al Sakuny, (It has been narrated) from Ja’far (asws) Bin Muhammad (asws), from his (asws) father (asws), from his (asws) forefathers (asws) having said: ‘Rasool-Allah (saww) said: ‘The Hand of Allah (azwj) is upon the heads of those who are not recognised (for their favours to others), Wiping with the Mercy’.
أخبرني علي بن حاتم قال: حدثنا أحمد بن محمد قال: حدثنا محمد بن اسماعيل قال: حدثني الحسين بن موسى عن أبيه عن موسى بن جعفر عن أبيه عن جده عن علي بن الحسين عن أبيه عن علي بن أبي طالب عليهم السلام قال: كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله مكفرا لا يشكر معروف ولقد كان معروفه على القرشي والعربي والعجمي ومن كان اعظم معروفا من رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله على هذا الخلق؟ وكذلك نحن أهل البيت مكفرون لا يشكروننا وخيار المؤمنين مكفرون لا يشكر معروفهم
3. Ali Bin Hatim informed me, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Muhammad Bin Ismail, from Al Husayn Bin Musa, from his father, (It has been narrated) from Musa (asws) Bin Ja’far (asws), from his (asws) father (asws), from his (asws) grandfather (asws), from Ali (asws) Bin Al-Husayn (asws), from his (asws) father (asws), from Ali (asws) Bin Abu Talib (asws) having said: ‘Rasool-Allah (saww) was not recognised (for the favours extended to others). There was not gratefulness well known to him (saww), and the gratefulness was well know upon the Qureysh, and the Arabs and the non-Arabs. And who is greater for the gratefulness than Rasool-Allah (saww), upon this creation? And similar to that are us (asws), the People (asws) of the Household, people are being ungrateful towards (us (asws)), there is no gratefulness to us (asws), and the choicest of the Believers are also not recognised (for their favours). People do not thank them (for their favours)’.
حدثنا محمد بن موسى بن المتوكل رحمه الله قال: حدثنا علي بن الحسين السعد آبادي عن أحمد بن أبي عبد الله البرقي عين أبيه والحسن بن علي بن فضال عن علي بن النعمان عن يزيد بن خليفة قال: قال أبو عبد الله (ع): ما على أحدكم لو كان على قلة جبل حتى ينتهي إليه أجله، أتريدون تراؤن الناس ان من عمل للناس كان ثوابه على الناس ومن عمل لله كان ثوابه على الله ان كل رياء شرك.
4. Muhammad Bin Musa Bin Al Mutawakkal narrated to us, from Ali Bin Al Husayn Al Sa’ad Abady, from Ahmad Bin Abu Abdullah Al Barqy, from his father and Al Hassan Bin Ali Bin Faaal, from Ali Bin Al Noman, from Yazeed Bin Khaleefa who said, ‘Abu Abdullah (asws) said: ‘What is upon one of you, even if he were to be upon the peak of a mountain, until his term (life) ends. Do you want the people to appreciate you? The one who works for the people, its reward is upon the people, and the one who works for Allah (azwj), its Rewards is upon Allah (azwj). Every showing-off is an association (Shirk)’.